Miller was so enthusiastically helping Briann by picking up the rally signs and cones for her to read.
Webster and I had a good time. I think I could have C/T more to keep his energy and interest levels higher.
Rooster's second attempt at Rally. The first time he decided to pick- up and hand me the first cone. A bit of a communication error but we worked through it on this attempt.
The hardest thing was setting the course up, unavoidable directional issues (cards and trainers) and reading the tiny little cards on the ground. All the dogs put forth a great camp effort and finished with style making their trainers look good.
"Tennis Court Rally". What could be better? Miller is showing great Retrieve potential! And Karen/Webster surely win the Teamwork Award! Who could ask for a better Camp Counselor than Jan?
ReplyDeleteThis Flip shows coaching at its finest.
I think Rally is going to be Rooster's sport! AND, this Flip answered my earlier question about Rooster's Down. Yes, he understands Down and, in this Rally course he executed a perfect Level 4 Down on ONE cue only! Wow!
ReplyDeleteGreat "color" commentary by Camp Counselor Jan!
I agree Rooster is a Rally champ in training! I thought all the dogs did a great job and so did their handlers.
ReplyDeleteOne caveat I hear trainers saying that they aren't doing well. We get what we expect. Of ourselves and our dogs. If you feel yourself feeling competitive, or frustrated ASK QUESTIONS instead of making indictments. Questions like, what part of this exercise have I not yet learned/taught or practiced? What could or would I need to do to improve on this behavior? Look for the information that this type of fun day of exercises gives you so that you go home enriched with information and the enthusiasm that all that fun brings about to use the information you gleaned from your experiences.
Remember to be positive with yourself! Whatever you are feeling travels right down that leash! If you have trouble with this take a break, get a drink of water, follow the dogs example and literally shake it off! Most of all remember the root of what you are working on, FUNdamentals, is FUN!